Dyn (Oracle as of 2016)
July 2014 - Present
- Primary operations guy for enterprise DNS platform.
- Provided on-call support. Routinely fixed customer impacting incidents.
- Contributed to development of a legacy Perl/Python application.
- Managed production migration from old hardware to new Ansible provisioned systems.
- Participated in development of Ansible automation for AWS EC2 test environment.
- Maintained configuration of ~100 production FreeBSD and GNU/Linux hosts.
PARCEL Platform Group
July 2013 - July 2014
- Provided 'Tier-3' technical support for GIS-related PHP application.
- Refactored gnarly legacy code to fix bugs and integrate with new features.
University of New Hampshire
Enterprise Computing Group
October 2010 - July 2013
- Administered a Sharepoint instance.
- Wrote scripts and applications to automate trivial office tasks.
University of New Hampshire-
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- A GNU/Linux power user who uses the command line almost exclusively. Familiar with _many_ command line tools.
- Proficient in multiple programming languages: Perl, Python, Bash, Ruby, Java, C, Lua, Go
- Understands the value of testing and reproducability in code and operations.
- Familiar with recent trendy technologies: Vagrant, Docker, Terraform
- Experienced in various popular corporate planning cults: 6 Sigma, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall
- Exposed to myriad cloud service providers: Amazon AWS, Digital Ocean, Linode
- Working understanding of various internet standards: DNS, SNMP, SSL, HTTP